Welcome to the Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics
The aim of the studies of Meteorology and Geophysics is to equip students with academic core competence and theoretically sound problem solving competence in the field of Meteorology and Geophysics. The studies impart
- Basic knowledge in Mathematics and Physics
- Research methods in theory and praxis.
- Natural scientific and interdisciplinary way of thinking.
- Applying modern information technologies.
- Basic data processing and scientific measurement in field and lab.
Graduates are able to use their skills not only in their field but also in other jobs related to physics or natural sciences.
Intellectual requirements for these studies are:
- Ability to think in a logic-analytic way
- Interest in advanced mathematics and physics.
Most important contact persons are the members of the teaching staff and the student's representatives of Meteorology and Geophysics. The contact address for all study related matters is the Study Programme Adminstration 28 (SPL28) and the associated StudiesServiceCenter (SSC).
University of Vienna
T: +43-1-4277-537 01
F: +43-1-4277-95 37